Private Drum Lessons
Ages: 7 – 80
Genres: Rock, Pop, Jazz, Metal, Punk and more
Available to Join: September – July
Structure: Two semester system + Summer Enhancement | Weekly Lessons
There’s no better way to hone your technique when you’re in a band than through the help of a great teacher. Merriam’s private drum lessons are set up to be a natural extension of what’s already going on in your musical world. Or, for those just starting, it’s the gateway to dozens of playing and jamming opportunities. Our private drum lessons are unique for three very important reasons:
- The Gear: Each room has two pro-level kits, and all of our equipment is always in great condition
- The Coaches: All of our drummers earn their incomes as pro players and teachers. No weekend warriors or summer jobbers here. And they get 80 hours every year of intensive teacher training.
- The Gigs: What’s the fun of learning your favorite tunes if you can’t show them off to the world? Merriam delivers dozens of real-life stage experiences throughout the year, whether it’s at festivals, performance halls, recording studios, or local music venues.
Band Chops PLUS ®
(Merriam’s Groundbreaking Bolt-On Program to Private Drum Lessons)
Ages: 7 – 80
Genres: Rock, Pop, Alt, Indie, Blues, Classic Rock, Grunge, Metal
Available to Join: September-October, January-February
Structure: One monthly 2-hour lesson | Flexi-Time Scheduling
More than any other instrument, learning drums DEMANDS a social, band-type experience. Without the ability to add melody or harmony (besides rhythm, these are the other two components of modern western music), drums are best experienced in a group format of some kind. For private students, Merriam’s new Band Chops PLUS program is a perfect way to inject that group dynamic into your playing, without having to abandon your private classes.
So while you’re working weekly on all the core concepts and shredding your technique, you can also add a band experience. It puts the whole thing on steroids…trust us.
- try out the music you learn in your private drum lesson, in a regular band setting
- meet fellow musicians exploring the same type of music, in a similar age range
- begin to explore concepts such as arrangement, song-writing, production, recording, set-lists, and more
- form your own band in Band-Chops Plus, and then supercharge it with Band-Chops Pro
Band Chops Lite®
Band Chops Lite is a drum lessons program designed for the casual or hobbyist drummer, who wants a structured band coaching setting, but without a weekly commitment. It also comes at a very attractive price point.
What is it?
- Twice A Month Sessions
- Experience the full range of Merriam’s stunning new facilities
- Play in a contemporary (rock/pop etc) ensemble with many other musicians
- Join Bass Players, Guitar Players, Keyboard players, singers, and more
- Perform in a fully broadcast-level performance.
Band-Chops Pro® The Ultimate VIP Pass
Imagine, for a moment, surrounding for yourself with every gear and gadget, every space and facility, and every performance experience that a touring musician would expect. We’re talking video capture, Pro-tools, DMX lighting, fog machines, concert-PA installations, designer microphones, festival dates, jam nights, and more.
And then, add the touring musician – the real ones; the guys you hear on the radio and see in the theatres. They’ll be your coach.
Welcome, to Canada’s most immersive, intensive, innovative band and guitar lessons program ever conceived. Band Chops Pro®.
Features of the Band Chops Pro
- Guaranteed large-scale performance opportunities
- Be a part of a real, living breathing band. Once the unit is formed, it will stay intact throughout your time at the school
- Form friendships for life, as you learn some of the most high-level musical skills, from Canada’s most esteemed musicians
- Preferred access to Merriam’s facilities, including their Class-A Studio, Performance & Broadcast Hall, custom video-capture system, and themed band-chops rooms
- Wide range of repertoire, learning formats (clinic, one-on-one, band + coach, recording sessions) and additional opportunities outside of the curriculum
|Length:||30 / 60 Minutes|
|RCM Exam Compatible:||Yes|
|Start Date:||Throughout the year|
|Genre:||Rock, Pop, Jazz, Blues, Other|