Merriam School of Music is pleased to announce the creation of the Enriched Studies Program. The first of its type in Eastern Canada, the Enriched Program provides an opportunity for young musicians to develop their talent to the fullest extent possible. By studying under the direction of some of Canada’s finest music coaches, our participants gain the skills necessary to either enter a university music program to pursue a career, or to simply enjoy and benefit from having music throughout their lifetime. Each student will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of festivals, competitions, ensembles, private master coaching and master classes, and public performances.
The successful candidate for this program will have shown outstanding musical ability and potential, and has the necessary commitment and resources to fulfill the requirements of the program which includes: practicing a minimum number of hours daily (number of hours based on program level); listening to recordings of repertoire; attending lessons, ensembles and master classes; performing in festivals, competitions, recitals and examinations; attending concerts and recitals in the GTA as suggested by the teacher(s).
- Complete a detailed application form.
- Audition for the program on your instrument of choice.
The audition and application will determine if the program is appropriate for the student, and if so, what level of the program is the best fit.
- Unprecedented Performance Opportunities
- Opportunities for Ensemble, Solo, and Accompanying experience
- Full preparation for North America’s top university music programs, including Berklee, UWO, and U of T
- Full Immersion Experience
- Learn on fully-professional acoustic instruments, including IN-CLASS GRAND PIANOS
|Length:||60 Minutes +|
|RCM Exam Compatible:||Yes|
|Start Date:||Based on openings / availability|
|Term:||40 Lessons/Year + Masterclass|
|Admission:||By audition only|
|Genre:||Classical Stream, Jazz Stream|