At Merriam Music, we set out to provide vocalists the ultimate in singing lessons: multi-genre, the best facilities, and the most opportunities to share and perform. If you’re considering where to take singing lessons, and you live in the Oakville, Mississauga, Vaughan, or Woodbridge areas, you NEED to check out Merriam Music.
Private Vocal Lessons
Ages: 7 – 80
Genres: Classical, Opera, Jazz, Pop, Musical Theatre, Folk
Available to Join: September – July
Structure: Two semester system + Summer Enhancement | Weekly Lessons
Singing for many people is an intimidating prospect, and having a comfortable, professional, and nurturing environment is really important to building confidence in new singers. A private singing lesson is a great way to start exploring your own voice, or for seasoned vocalists, further your studies with a professional vocal artist.
- Work equally on learning the songs you WANT to learn, while at the same time building the technique you NEED to learn
- Each coach is highly trained and ready to tailor-make a lesson plan for you, while still following the curriculum principles that have always led to success
- Every practice room is well equipped with technology, including proper mic’s, pianos, sound insulation
- RCM Compatible
Songwriter PLUS ®
(Designed as a Bolt-On Program to Private Lessons)
Ages: 7 – 80
Genres: Rock, Pop, Alt, Indie, Blues, Classic Rock, Grunge, Metal
Available to Join: September-October, January-February
Structure: One monthly 2-hour lesson | Flexi-Time Scheduling
Similar to Band Chops +, Songwriter + is intended to augment people already involved with other private lessons. Without doubling your time commitment or cost, Merriam’s ‘Plus’ (“+”) programs work to expand a students range and interest by adding other experiences and skills to their existing lesson regime.
Songwriter + exposes students of all ages to the fundamentals of song-writing. This contemporary program will walk through the techniques and strategies behind a catchy melody, a memorable chord change, or a great ‘break-down’ section. You’ll examine the basics of the modern pop song structure, examine different harmonic progressions, techniques, and styles. And you’ll produce your own songs, ready for performance or recording.
Band Chops Lite®
Are you a closet rock singer? Or you have lessons elsewhere but want to explore the Merriam universe, and the magic of singing on a real stage with an awesome band?
Band Chops Lite® could be right up your alley.
What is it? Band Chops Lite is a way to experience some of the best parts of our full Band Chops Pro program, without a weekly commitment, or a full price-tag. If you’ve always wanted to share your vocal stylings, but traditional private lessons just wasn’t “in the cards”, this is a great way to connect with music. Twice a month, you’ll attend a group class where you’ll be singing and performing some of your favourite music, with real musicians, using great gear and our industry-leading facilities. You’ll learn how to use a recording studio, get a crash-course in stage lighting, play on one of the most equipped stages in the country, all under the guidance of Canada’s leading studio musicians.
Features of Band Chops Lite
- Twice A Month Sessions
- Experience the full range of Merriam’s stunning new facilities
- Play in a contemporary (rock/pop etc) ensemble with many other musicians
- Join Bass Players, Drummers, Keyboard players, and more
- Perform in a fully broadcast-level performance.
Band-Chops Pro® The Ultimate VIP Pass
Imagine, for a moment, surrounding for yourself with every gear and gadget, every space and facility, and every performance experience that a touring musician would expect. We’re talking video capture, Pro-tools, DMX lighting, fog machines, concert-PA installations, designer microphones, festival dates, jam nights, and more.
And then, add the touring musician – the real ones; the guys you hear on the radio and see in the theatres. They’ll be your coach.
Welcome, to Canada’s most immersive, intensive, innovative band and singing lessons program ever conceived. Band Chops Pro®.
Features of the Band Chops Pro
- Guaranteed large-scale performance opportunities
- Be a part of a real, living breathing band. Once the unit is formed, it will stay intact throughout your time at the school
- Form friendships for life, as you learn some of the most high-level musical skills, from Canada’s most esteemed musicians
- Preferred access to Merriam’s facilities, including their Class-A Studio, Performance & Broadcast Hall, custom video-capture system, and themed band-chops rooms
- Wide range of repertoire, learning formats (clinic, one-on-one, band + coach, recording sessions) and additional opportunities outside of the curriculum
|Length:||30 / 60 Minutes|
|RCM Exam Compatible:||Yes|
|Start Date:||Throughout the year|
|Genre:||Classical, Jazz, Pop, Folk, Opera|